Images: (Left) Justin Purser, Trade Aid and Rigoberto Galindo Velázquez, ISMAM, Mexico, pose next to a truck which has been purchased by ISMAM with the support of profit share funds from Trade Aid. (Right) Marleni Alburqueque, Trade Aid shop staff member, Auckland
Trade Aid is a social enterprise with retail stores nationwide, and a head office and warehouse in Christchurch. We have a diverse and exciting range of paid and volunteer roles throughout the country. We’ve got a lot going on, from importing beautiful products, to educational programmes, to manufacturing, wholesaling and retailing. We’re passionate about our work and the work of our trading partners. If this sounds like you, check out our current vacancies below. We would love to hear from you.
Current paid positions
- Food Sales Representative
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in FMCG Sales, Account Management and Relationship Building to drive continued success with our valued customers across New Zealand. This is a full time, permanent role based in our Christchurch Head Office, with approximately 10 days travel per month.
Experience in food industry sales and working with the food manufacturing, supermarket, cafe, organics or corporate market channels is preferred.
To be successful you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Strong account management & business development skills.
- Strong networking ability & a team player
- Leadership & the ability to influence
- Excellent sales communication and presentation skills
- Analysing & interpreting sales & market data to identify areas of opportunity
- Ability to work remotely and willing to travel within New Zealand to meet with existing as well as potential new customers
- A minimum 3 years sales & account management experience
In return for your enthusiasm and dedication we are offering a very competitive remuneration package. Click here to find out more or to apply for this job.
- Chocolate Factory Hand Vacancy
This is a rarely available position working in a fair trade organic chocolate factory. This is a full time, permanent position based in Christchurch.
We are looking for applicants with a background in food production and in food safety. A good level of fitness is required for this physically active role as it will be necessary to lift containers of up to 20kg. The successful applicant will also need to be a team player and work well with a bunch of people keen to make this a great environment to work in. Click here to learn more or to apply for this job.