Trade Aid is a not for profit organisation made up of several parts reflecting the work we do as a retailer, importer, wholesaler and development agency. All of these parts form what we call the Trade Aid Movement.
- Retailers - We operate a series of shops stretching the length and breadth of New Zealand, as well as a central warehouse where imported goods from developing countries are delivered, sorted, quality checked and despatched.
- Education and justice - Along with our trading activities, we carry out education and advocacy work on fair trade, and speak out for greater justice in world trade.
- Volunteer based - Over 800 volunteers are actively involved in all parts of the Movement, working in the shops, on shop trusts and committees, at the warehouse and in education outreach.
- Development work - We have a strategic partnership with the New Zealand Aid Programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and receive funding for some of our activities. Together we work to realise the enormous benefits that trade can have in reducing poverty and promoting development.
- An authentic voice of fair trade - Trade Aid are pioneers in fair trade in New Zealand. We are members of the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO), an international body of organisations who are 100% committed to fair trade. It is the only global network whose members represent the fair trade chain from production to sale. It is the global authority on fair trade, not because we say so, but because the members make it so.
- Find out more about our unique structure or our history as Kiwi pioneers in fair trade.
- Download Hand Made Change - a booklet all about Trade Aid and what we do. This booklet along with other resources can be ordered from our website, to order click here.
- Download the 2015 Financial statements for the TANZ AGM to be held in September 2015.
Read more about: