INVEST IN YOUR WORLD
How a little investment can bring big change
How does an ethical investment with Trade Aid work?
Over the past five years Trade Aid has been growing fast! We have been extending fair trade to thousands of artisans, farmers and their families every year. But all this growth requires finance. You can play a vital role in supporting this growth of fair trade.
Your Ethical Investment with Trade Aid will help disadvantaged artisans around the world receive a fair price for their products. This allows them to feed and educate their children, and gives them hope for a brighter future.
GUAYA'B ASSOCIACION CIVIL, GUATEMALA
"Our association was in a difficult situation as the bank which held our account had gone into bankruptcy. Thanks to the advance payments that we received from Trade Aid we were able to pay our members on time,” Guaya’b Asociacion Civil, Guatemala
Pictured left: Manual Silvestre Mendoza, Guaya'b coffee warehouse manager. Read more about Guaya'b here
Questions?You probably have a few questions; we hope the links below will provide some answers. If you have more questions please don't hesitate to call us on: 0508 TRADE AID (872332) or email us at: email@example.com
- I love it, how do I apply?
- How is my money used? Download and view our PDF info sheet here
- How is this investment different to other investments?
- What risks are involved?
- Sounds interesting, but I still have some more questions.
Download an application form here and send it to us. We will provide you with an investment certificate and for a limited time, a special edition ethical investment key ring.
An ethical investment makes a great gift for friends or family; investing in their future and the future of the world's most disadvantaged. Tell a friend if you think they may be interested.
The way Trade Aid operates is unique - we pay for our products before we even receive them. This is a very rare practice in mainstream business as most don’t want to take the risk of loss - this is understandable if a business is only thinking about its own pocket. However, when Trade Aid places an order we offer our trading partners a pre-payment (as a minimum 50% of the order) and pay the balance for the product when it is shipped. This interest-free pre-payment ensures our partners can buy the raw materials and pay the artisans or farmers for their work as soon as possible, essential in developing countries where money lenders charge exorbitant interest fees.
- you can make a social investment from as little as $100
- you choose when to get your money back
- the returns are great - to you and the producer. Your return is in knowing that fair trade provides change to people’s lives and hope for a brighter future, and you can also receive a small interest rate (1%, 2%, 4% and up to market rates) on your investment if you choose to. Please contact us to discuss this.
- social and environmental benefits. You can be assured your investment will never be used to exploit the poor, human rights, the environment, or be used to manufacture arms. A guarantee you do not receive in conventional investments.
application form for details on your investment.
0508 TRADE AID (872 332) or contact us via email.
Trade Aid Ethical Investment Trust is a charitable trust incorporated under The Charitable Trusts Act, 1957.